KidShape Recipe - Breakfast Burrito - No Eggs NeededFeb 17, 2023
Looking for alternatives to eggs? Want a new idea for a tasty and healthy breakfast? Check out this recipe from our KidShape Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Rana Parker.
- Mash firm tofu with a fork (drain water first) until it looks like small crumbles or the texture of scrambled eggs (kids can help with the tofu mashing!)
- To mashed tofu, add spices: a premade taco seasoning mix, or make your own (try chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper). Add about a teaspoon of turmeric for egg-like yellow color, and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet with a small amount of oil or non-stick spray. Add tofu mix and saute for a few minutes, enough to heat through and cook off any water.
- Add in cooked vegetables (Pictured: leftover roasted potatoes and carrots). Get creative with veggies: try new combinations, and use what you have! Black or pinto beans make a great addition too.
- Warm the burrito tortilla, then top it with the tofu, vegetables and beans. Sprinkle with cheese or a spoonful of guacamole (optional), plus salsa and roll into a burrito. Encourage kids to create their own burrito!
Get the KidShape Toolbox Newsletter
Get healthy recipes and family wellness tools delivered to your inbox! Sign up today and we will send you the KidShape Toolbox packed with resources to help build a healthier family.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.